Thank you for choosing Black Bear Legal to commence the recovery of your debt. The form below is to be completed to capture all relevant information we require to process a formal Letter of Demand for your debt to one of your debtors.
We offer a FIXED FEE to issue the formal Letter of Demand for an unpaid tax invoice of $55 (Inc GST) which includes taking instructions from you regarding the issuance of the demand; drafting and producing an initial formal letter of demand; issuing that letter of demand via post and/or email; the receipt of the demanded amount into our Trust Account and distribution to you; alternatively, the receipt of an initial response, from the debtor, to the letter of demand, and the distribution of that response to you.
No further work will done on the recovery of the debt unless and until you provide us with further instructions to commence legal proceedings or negotiate with the debtor.
To submit a debt for recovery by way of an initial Letter of Demand, simply complete the information below and submit the form. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible with your draft formal Letter of Demand.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: By submitting this form you are warranting that the information provided within it and entered by you is true and correct. That you have read and understood the terms and conditions stated below and agree to engage Black Bear Legal to issue a letter of demand to the Debtor stated herein to the stated debt and pay Black Bear Legal a fee for doing so, upon the terms and conditions stated, without exception. If you do take exception, do not submit this form and contact us to discuss your concerns.
Terms and Conditions of Engagement to Issue a Single Debt Collection Letter (Fixed Fee – Tax Invoice Debt)
1. Black Bear Legal Pty Ltd (ABN 38 619 112 917) (“Black Bear Legal”) is offering to provide the client named herein with legal advice and associated legal services in relation to the matter stated herein.
2. I/We (“Client”) accept the offer and engage Black Bear Legal on these terms.
3. For the legal services provided, Black Bear Legal will charge the client on a Fixed Fee basis as such:
a. $55.00 (Inc GST): for taking instructions from the Client regarding the issuance of a single debt collection letter concerning an unpaid tax invoice debt; drafting and producing an initial formal letter of demand; issuing that letter of demand via post and/or email; the receipt of the demanded amount into our Trust Account and distribution to you; alternatively, the receipt of an initial response, from the subject debtor, to the letter of demand and the distribution of such to you.
4. Black Bear Legal will render a tax invoice to the client for the legal services. All tax invoices are payable within 7 days of delivery of the invoice and interest may accrue on overdue amounts at the rate prescribed by the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld).
5. No additional legal services are currently authorised, however, if requested, any further legal services will be charged on a Time Basis in 6-minute intervals with six minutes being the minimum interval recorded. For example, the time charged for an attendance of up to six minutes will be one unit and the time charged for an attendance between six and twelve minutes will be two units.
6. The hourly rate for any further legal services undertaken by a lawyer/director will be $440.00 per hour (Inc GST).
7. Black Bear Legal may request a deposit of monies into the Black Bear Legal Law Practice Trust Account as security for anticipated fees, expenses and disbursements.
8. If the client does not pay a tax invoice or deposit the money when requested, Black Bear Legal may cease providing legal services immediately.
9. The client authorises Black Bear Legal under regulation 58(3)(a)(i) of the Legal Profession Regulations 2007 to withdraw any money held for the client in its trust account to pay their tax invoices (including GST).
10. The client authorises Black Bear Legal (pursuant to section 8 of the Trust Accounts Act 1973 (Qld)) to use money that they are holding for the client in its trust account to pay their fees, costs and/or GST.
11. The client may terminate this agreement and withdraw their instructions at any time for any reason by giving notice to Black Bear Legal.
12. Black Bear Legal may terminate this agreement for any just cause by providing reasonable notice to the client.
13. If this agreement is terminated, Black Bear Legal are entitled to payment of fees, expenses and disbursements up to and until the date of termination.
14. Black Bear Legal may retain possession of the client’s file until the client has paid all money owing to it.
15. We will keep your client documents, relating to the legal work we perform for you, for seven (7) years after the engagement has ended or has been terminated. After this time, you authorise and request that we destroy them without contacting you again. Until then, you may request a copy of your client documents, which may be kept solely in electronic form.
16. The client authorises Black Bear Legal to communicate with them by email. This may include but is not limited to sensitive, confidential or personal information regarding the matter, documents relevant to the matter as attachments and our bills.
17. The client consents and accepts service of Black Bear Legal’s tax invoices to be effected electronically, regardless if the bill is also sent by post, pursuant to section 330(7) of the Legal Profession Act 2007 (Qld).